New Full Star Trek Trailer


Young teen Kirk is some kind of hooligan? The Enterprise is being built on the ground? Apple designed the bridge? Seeing Romulans this early in Trek history?
My thoughts are this will be a completely new starting point for Star Trek. (Trek 2.0?)
There is an entire new generation out there that has never seen Trek before and I essentially think this is more for them than established, older fans.
I think I would compare this to Smallville. It appeals both to younger fans that never really followed the Superman story particularly and an older audience already well versed in it. Smallville is simply it's own continuity, generally following the main points of the previously established story. From this trailer, that looks like where this film is headed.

1 comments:

phlezk said...

makes sense. I've never been a big fan of Star Trek, but I cannot wait for this film!!!

top