PCWorld is reporting that Sears has taken part of its Managemyhome.com website offline after it was revealed the site was making customers' purchasing histories publicly available.
It seemed to disappear mid-afternoon yesterday after I logged into the Managemyhome service to see if I could pull up my own purchase history on the site. After trying one of the two addresses I've had in the last two years, I was inexplicably logged off the site. After logging back in, the 'find my product history' feature was nowhere to be found.
Of course, Sears still has yet to answer for the Comscore spyware allegedly being installed on customer PCs, which by far is the more egregious privacy concern.

read more | digg story

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You have a very cool blog here…loved the content.
This is to all the social networkers, here is a wonderful concept of accessing SN sites on your mobile. You can access Facebook, Linkedin via mobile without internet, GPRS, EDGE or WAP. Many more other services are available like Google maps and star bucks etc... Check it out: http://modazzle.com/cms/userLogin.html?channel=CM&camp=mobilenetO 258
Sign up is free...

top