30 Free, Open Source Programs You Need

If only PC makers would include some of these great programs instead of the crapware that come with most computers now out of the box. If you are hesitant to use an open source operating system like Ubuntu, you can get your feet wet in the open source movement by trying some of these applications. I use Firefox, Thunderbird, Clamwin and VLC media player. VLC will play almost any type of media file you throw at it.
So read more for a list of thirty pieces of software that are the cream of the crop of open source applications for Windows. Not only are every one of them free, almost all of them directly replace expensive software packages.
read more | digg story

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've used more than half of these software titles and I love each and every one I use. If the other half are anywhere close to as good and simple, this is the best post I've ever read for my needs. Thanks!

top