Bay Backpedaling on Blu-ray Statement?

Old Michael seems to be trying to do some damage control over at his blog. His now infamous post has since been removed from his site (Michael, nothing ever disappears from the internet) and he is trying to explain away his previous "No Transformers 2!" diatribe.
Whether some Paramount lawyers had a discussion with him or he is just reacting to the thought of someone else taking over his sequel is not known.
So Michael, explain away...
Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three Blu-Ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-Ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.
As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.
So today I saw 300 on HD-DVD, it rocks!
So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay

0 comments:

top