Red Square in Space Found


Astronomers Obtain Highly Detailed Image of the 'Red Square' from PhysOrg.com

I've always had an interest in astronomy. I had a telescope when I was a kid and read astronomy magazines. This is just too cool.
Astronomers today announced the arrival of a new member in the pantheon of exotically beautiful celestial objects. Christened the "Red Square" by Peter Tuthill, leader of the team, the image was compiled with data from the 200-inch Hale Telescope at Palomar Observatory, owned and operated by the California Institute of Technology, and the Keck-2 Telescope atop Mauna Kea, Hawaii.

1 comments:

phlezk said...

dude badass, what the hell is it?

and hey, I just added this to my Google Reader subscription thing, so I should get notified of new updates from now on.

top